New Program Updates for 2020
After months of anticipation, the RBC PGA Scramble presented by The Lincoln Motor Company is nearly underway, with the first of 120+ local qualifying events kicking off this weekend.
We are thrilled to share that even with a delayed start to the season, there are already 1,100 players (and counting) registered and eager to participate in Canada's greatest series of golf events.
New updates for the upcoming season include:
NEW WORLD HANDICAP SYSTEM
- Enhanced score-vetting system to provide a more accurate representation of scoring ability
- Built-in limits on how much an index can increase in short periods of time
- New procedure to determine playing handicaps and adjustments for calculating new scores
MORE WAYS TO QUALIFY
- FULL Regional Final fields - each regional final will have 18 teams. If there are less than 18 teams that qualify through local qualifiers, an alternate list will be used based on score differentials from each local qualifier within that region
- Guaranteed spot for an ALL-FEMALE team in each Regional Final (for those that competed in a local qualifier). If an all-female team does not qualify through their local qualifier, the qualifying spot will go to the team with the lowest differential from all local qualifiers in that region
- To see the list of Regional Final venues confirmed for 2020, CLICK HERE.
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- All events will follow a tee-time format to avoid group gatherings
- Online registration and scoring will be used to minimize touchpoints
- Players are asked to maintain physical distancing of 6+ feet at all times, refrain from touching or sharing equipment and follow the protocols set forth by their respective provincial government and host facility. Safety is a shared responsibility.
- See Responsible Golf Guidelines here.
- Titleist & FootJoy joined as new partners this year and will be enhancing the prizing experience for participants throughout the competition
- GOLFTV has returned as a supporting partner of the program and will once again be offering participants complimentary access to world-class live and on-demand golf content with registration.
NEW YARDAGE POLICY FOR FEMALE PLAYERS
- Females yardages will now be set to 86-88% of the yardage used for male players (previously 90%)
NEW CHARITABLE PARTNER
- In support of Canadian healthcare workers fighting COVID-19, we have added a charitable donation option to The Frontline Fund within the registration form. 100% of the money raised will go toward this charity.
To find a local qualifier near you, visit www.rbcpgascramble.com/local-qualifiers/